Based out of Ottawa, Stone Design Concepts has been helping people to create their dream homes, with custom kitchen and bathroom countertops since 2008. Servicing residential and commercial customers & specializing in fabricating and installing custom granite, quartz, and marble countertops, and ceramic tile installation, we offer exceptional quality products, personal service and competitive prices to meet all our customers’ demands.
In 2017 Stone Design Concepts opened a residential flooring division, to provide the same excellent service to home and business owners needing hardwood and laminate flooring.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.stonedesignconcepts.com
Our continued growth has created a need for a new role within our management team. The Business Manager will take a leadership role in the day-to-day operations supporting/improving current processes and practices. Under the direction of the General Manager, the incumbent will also assume a critical lead in recruitment and retention of shop staff.
- Oversee accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, benefits administration, government financial reporting, general ledger review
- Prepare various financial analyses and reports
- Provide ongoing evaluation and propose improvements to existing operational processes.
- Ensure all operational activities meet organizational requirements and expectations for quality management and customer service and satisfaction in a rapidly growing operation.
- In consultation with the General Manager, participate in recruitment, onboarding other HR functions.
Our expectation is that your background will include the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Accounting or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years in a progressively evolving management role with demonstrated success in operations and the ability to analyze business issues, while offering strategic solutions.
- Sound working knowledge of general business processes and organizational framework, such as goals, strategy, culture and structure
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and relationship building skills illustrated through current or past work experience
- Sound knowledge of QuickBooks online, Microsoft Office Suite
Please submit expression of interest, including salary expectations, in the strictest of confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest: however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes.