About Our Client
Over five decades, Santin Masonry has touched the landscape of Kingston and South-Eastern Ontario. We are proud to service clients including Queen’s University, the Royal Military College and Fort Henry, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Each building or structure is a testament to our workmanship, skill, eye for detail.
- To learn more about us, please visit santinmasonry.com.
- To learn more about relocating to our beautiful city, please visit kingstoncanada.com.
Collectively, we are more than a masonry company, we understand and embrace the special needs and architectural details required for each project. The experience and skill of our team members is only one part of our success; this is further bolstered by the passion that we each bring to work everyday. We are committed to continued innovation and growth by hiring and investing in individuals who embody our company values. Thus, we are looking for those who have a passion for quality and craftsmanship and are looking to develop their skills in an encouraging and engaging environment.
As an integral part of the company, this exceptional career opportunity offers the perfect platform to grow a long-term career. You will be active in the office and onsite…You are not afraid to get dirty; able to assist the Project Manager and Site Foreman. As a key contributor, you will assist with tender preparation; estimating/quantity surveying, project coordination, purchasing of materials, reviewing site documentation.
- 3-5 years of progressively evolving experience in an estimating/quantity surveying role, preferably in masonry\
- Diploma / Degree – architectural or structural engineering technologist
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team
- Well developed computer skills – MS Excel / Word / project management software
- CAD experience
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and contract documents
- Good knowledge of job cost fundamentals and basic accounting / reporting principles
- Valid driver’s license
Please forward cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes. Selected candidates should therefore advise of their accommodation needs for each and every position they are contacted about or offered.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.