Due to our continued growth, DCR Phoenix is seeking a CAD Technician with experience with residential housing to join our team!
About the Role
The CAD Technician is responsible for preparing and customizing floor plans based on requests from purchasers through the Design Center. The incumbent will prepare site plans, grade and model designs, source special products and will be the liaison between the Company and our suppliers.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, requiring a self-motivated professional that thrives in an environment that requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail. You are dependable, highly organized and have the ability to handle deadlines in an effective and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and understands building code items ensuring all designs are signed off on, and Ontario Building Code By-Law requirements are met
- Prices extras from our Design Centre
- Updates the construction schedule
- Upgrades cost pricing for various sites
- Provides construction drawings to our Design Centre
- Updates plans and develops new model designs
- Prints blueprints as needed
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or related field with a minimum of one years relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the Ontario Building Code
- Experience working with residential house plans
- Strong computer skills particularly in AutoCAD
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management
- Creative with proven accuracy and attention to detail
If you would like join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations, in the strictest of confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest: however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes.