Are you an experienced service-oriented professional with excellent administrative, organizational and time-management skills? Our firm is looking for a bilingual Legal Assistant to support our lawyers and our clients.
Located in the heart of Ottawa, our client has a young, busy civil litigation practice with a broad and varied client base. We take as much pride in our customer service as we do in our legal expertise.
You are an enthusiastic, confident team player who understands what first-rate client service means and knows how to deliver it. You have experience working in a legal environment and understand the commitment necessary to support a busy law firm. An ambitious, self-motivated professional, you thrive in an environment that fosters relationship building and career growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Preparing legal documents (factums, motion records, affidavits of documents etc.)
· Drafting correspondence
· Handling inquiries in the lawyer’s absence
· Providing exceptional service to the firm’s clients, and potential clients
· General administrative duties including: photocopying, filing, mail, etc.
· Post-Secondary degree/diploma in relevant discipline
· Minimum of two years’ previous experience in a fast-paced legal environment
· Must be bilingual (French-English)
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English and French
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong interpersonal and client service skills
· Professional and positive demeanour
· Flexibility, willingness to work irregular hours, as required
· Superior organizational and priority setting skills and the ability to multi-task
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong work ethic
We thank all applicants for their submissions however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes. Selected candidates should therefore advise of their accommodation needs for each and every position they are contacted about or offered.